Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Interview with Mickey Factz


Jay B.: We are here today with the kid everyone on the block is talkin bout, Mickey Factz! How you doin', my man?

Mickey Factz: Aint shit, chilling promoting. Eating some bbq. Rocking some shit yall won't see till august. Light work

JB: That's hot! Now for everyone who has been sleeping, tell the readers a bit about yourself.

MF: I'm the absolute ruler of the universe. I give beats heart attacks. That's not really bass. Lol. Seriously tho I'm the king of the bx.

Mickey factz. The savior of hip hop. The freshest newest cat to grace your ears.

JB: Now we all know about you're last mixtape, In Search of the N.E.R.D., how it's blowing up all over the nation and most likely internationally. How did you come up with the concept of doing a mixtape with Neptune beats?

MF: My a&r steve-o came up with the idea. I was against it at first. But once I saw his vision, I took it and ran with it. We created a classic with that shit. Its something that has never been done. Its got acclaim from soooooo many outlets. I'm glad its done as well as its done.

JB: Sounds like he threw you a mad good look. So, just before, In Search Of, there was a lil buzz about you signing with Pharrell's label, Star Trak. What's up with that whole situation?

MF: I aint like that whole situation over there. Artists getting signed and dropped. Not my cup of tea. Rather just give the world a 'coulda' been mixtape. And people loved it

JB: True. So do you still keep in touch with any of the dudes up there are Star Track/Interscope?

MF: I talk to the ice cream skate team dudes. that's about it. But it is what it is

JB: Yeah, big up to the cats reppin' Conez n Bonez, Free TK, and all that good jazz! So way back when there was a little situation with Missy, would u like to elaborate on that?

MF: Back in 02 I had a situation with gold mine/elektra. Due to managorial problems, I couldn't sign with her. But she was in love with the kid back then. Met with mona scott, chris lighty, jose cruz all them dudes before they met 50 they was loving me. But it wasn't the right time.

JB: Wow! That's Major...So, this situation started over a mixtape she heard right....apparently you were buzzin around your way before, In Search Of. Around how many official mixtapes did you have before your last project?

MF: I put out 2 major mixtapes. Bottles up which had production from kanye, alchemist, omen and scram jones. And my cd before in search of which was kings of the bronx. Got alot of exposure from my spray paint record and extravaganza. It made mtv mixtapes of the week and all that

JB: Dope! So you've been on your recording gring for a long while now. How long have you been rapping?

MF: Been rapping since I was about 7 years old. Its been a mainstay since I heard big daddy kane

JB: Now I hear you ain't a rapper til' u can quote a Kane lyric. What's your favorite?

MF: Favorite song is aint no half stepping. " what you want hobbs? Dope or dog food" sheeeeesh

JB: HAHA! Kane, is the man! But back to the present! You have a new mixtape in the works. You wanna give the readers any info on that?

MF: Flashback dropping june 15th. The newest installment of the mickey factz saga. Basically recreating some of the dopest records from the 80's and the 90's. People gonna love this cd as much as they loved in search of. Shit is gonna be insane

JB: Sounds insane! What's next after, Flashback? Can we expect after this project?

MF: The next mixtape is going to be insaaaaaaaaaaaaane. That's all I can say. I can't disclose any info. All I can say its gonna be stupendous.

JB: Can we expect a full-length LP from Mr. Factz in the future?

MF: Album from mickey factz is dropping in 08. Its called itz mickey! Its gonna be even crazier than what I'm putting out now

JB: Now that's something to look forward to...independent or have you finally found a cosy home at a label?

MF: I got label attention but I'm weighing my options. I don't know right now. We wanna pick the best situation for the long run

JB: Now, we've spent a good bit of this interview on music, but I wanna touch on another one of your loves, streetwear. How long have you been a gearhead?

MF: I been a gearhead since I got outta highschool. Even in high school. When cats had avirex's I had vansons and prada's. Lol. That was way back then. Kicks now is just so much of our lifestyle, that people look out for us and send us shit

JB: Dig that! So what brands do you rock a lot these days.

MF: Lavie, l&d, belchez, mighty healthy, 13 month denim, star studded, dream cloth and live mechanics. Those are my dudes

JB: Hot! I'd like to thank you for kickin it wit me today, man! Do you have any last words for the readers

MF: GFC is coming to a cloud near you. Mickey aint a mouse he's a monster!

JB: Well said! Thanks again, Mick. I'm sure the reasders would agree with me when I say we'd love to ee you come thru again when flashback dropped to tell us more. Stay Posted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home